MusicMatch 7.0

B

bulldog

I'm running Windows XP Pro formatted as NTFS.
I am set up as the system administrator and I have several local users added.
When MusicMatch Jukebox 5.0 is installed all users can use the program fine.
I've un-installed 5.0 and installed MusicMatch 7.0 as this version is supposed to support XP and has more features.
As an administrator I can use the program fine. The local users get a message when trying to open the program that they need to loggon with higher rights than they have to use it.
I've changed any link off to a folder that they have no rights to view with no effect.
I know the problem is to do with user rights but can't pin it down.
HELP!

Hi Bulldog,
if your local users right click mmjb in programs they can choose runas, select the administrator and supply the password,
mmjb will run.

or give everybody admin rights
hope this helps

MusicMatch

I've found that if I give local users the 'Power Users' Rights they can use MusicMatch 7.0. Had to change the MMJB.EXE to no compatibility as it defaulted for them as compatible with Windows 98 - this then caused a 'cant find CDR.DLL file' error.
Now works OK but I'm sure there must be a better way of doing it and keeping them as standard local users.

damn, i was using music match but then all of a sudden it started getting crashed i tried unistalling and everything, ive given up, i just use windows player

Having a Problem with Music Match 2. My Problem was i couldnt install it after installing xp, I got an error saying the file Iwas tyring to install was missing (I think it was a Skin).I e-mailed support and this is what they told me to do.

In order to set the permissions for each user to use MusicMatch Jukebox, please do the following:

- Select "Run" from the Windows Start menu
- In the Run dialog box, type "regedt32"
- Select the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on Local Machine" window
- In the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" window, double-click the Software folder
- Double-click the MusicMatch folder
- From the "File" menu, select "Permissions"
- In the "Permissions" dialog box, select the "Users (<machine name>\Users)" entry
- Under "Permissions", enable "Allow" for the "Full Control" entry
- Click "Apply," then "OK" and close the Registry Editor

Hope it helps you !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back