Music

X-Istence

Political Access
I am a big fan of music, and I am looking for some new stuff to listen to. My tastes are all across the board, as long as it is not country music.

However there is a catch, any music you suggest has to be freely available for me to go download without breaking the law. That means the music has to be Creative Commons, Public Domain, or otherwise made freely available by the artists themselves. A while back a label in Germany went tits up, and put all of their music online on The Piratebay. I got on that quick ... :p

So yeah, throw your suggestions out there with links to the music.

i just use many of the streaming media channels in winamp

good point, Last.FM recommendation radio is pretty good too

wefunkradio.com to get your funk/hip-hop fix I listen to it all the time @ work to let the day go by easy.....

What about Pandora?

Another vote for Pandora.

I use Pandora about 70% of the time on my iPhone.

Btw, Shazam is the best application on the iPhone for getting information about new music. I've been in clubs and in the car so many times and picked up a tune just randomly by tagging it on Shazam. Awesomeness :D

Btw, Shazam is the best application on the iPhone for getting information about new music. I've been in clubs and in the car so many times and picked up a tune just randomly by tagging it on Shazam. Awesomeness :D
Ditto. Shazam is fantastic, and I'm surprised at how capable it usually is at recognizing even some relatively obscure, non-mainstream music.

I can't download music from Pandora. I want to download the music to stick it on my iPod so I can listen to it in my car!

If you guys like Shazam, check out Midomi. More features and more ways to grab music such as humming, typing, etc. It also looks for partial matches if there are no exact matches. I prefer it over Shazam.

I am pretty careful with some of those free music sites. They seem to have nothing but stupid forced voting, pop ups, flooded with adds, and have malware in them. Not to mention, they are an endless circle of the same thing leading from one alike site to another. Not all of them, but some of them.

When I listen to streaming music, I just use the inbound from my media player. Whether it be shoutcast, or xm streaming, or aol radio, or yahoo radio ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back