• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Music

X-Istence

Political User
I am a big fan of music, and I am looking for some new stuff to listen to. My tastes are all across the board, as long as it is not country music.

However there is a catch, any music you suggest has to be freely available for me to go download without breaking the law. That means the music has to be Creative Commons, Public Domain, or otherwise made freely available by the artists themselves. A while back a label in Germany went tits up, and put all of their music online on The Piratebay. I got on that quick ... :p

So yeah, throw your suggestions out there with links to the music.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
What about Pandora?
Another vote for Pandora.

I use Pandora about 70% of the time on my iPhone.

Btw, Shazam is the best application on the iPhone for getting information about new music. I've been in clubs and in the car so many times and picked up a tune just randomly by tagging it on Shazam. Awesomeness :D

Btw, Shazam is the best application on the iPhone for getting information about new music. I've been in clubs and in the car so many times and picked up a tune just randomly by tagging it on Shazam. Awesomeness :D
Ditto. Shazam is fantastic, and I'm surprised at how capable it usually is at recognizing even some relatively obscure, non-mainstream music.

vern

Dominus
Political User
If you guys like Shazam, check out Midomi. More features and more ways to grab music such as humming, typing, etc. It also looks for partial matches if there are no exact matches. I prefer it over Shazam.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
I am pretty careful with some of those free music sites. They seem to have nothing but stupid forced voting, pop ups, flooded with adds, and have malware in them. Not to mention, they are an endless circle of the same thing leading from one alike site to another. Not all of them, but some of them.

When I listen to streaming music, I just use the inbound from my media player. Whether it be shoutcast, or xm streaming, or aol radio, or yahoo radio ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix