music question

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

i was just thinking, how are trance, house , hard trance and hard house different? cuz so far i dont really see any real difference when i listen the radio at digitallyimported.com

I guess I am too old...I don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

And Catch...good one:p

yea i know that it's a lot of noize, but some of it is still good noize. i just want to know what's the difference between them

true techno is like MOBY, .... sometimes or usually has words to it and kinda old'school, were trance is the new techno......more for raves and crap like that i personally like trance a lot better then techno it has more of a feeling to it then techno w/ the way it TRANSforms into other sounds, rather then sticking to a beat

:D

Originally posted by catch23
That's not a joke....it's seriously noise... it's not music...it wasn't created by an instrument..but by a MACHINE...how sad.

Pianos are machines..
----

Mobys recent stuff is not techno - definatly not.

Trance: Generally the type of music you would associate with drifting, the beats aren't hard and there is always a drop-out... Tiesto, Paul van Dyk.

Hard House: Faster and harder, basically a descendent of happy hardcore i.e. Lab4, Lisa Lashes, Paul Glazby.

Hard Trance, this is my kinda stuff, none of that pansy wavy drop out stuff, good hard beats and generally, during livesets the beats don't stop. ie DJ Scot Project, Norman DJ.

Techno: This stuff is fast, and very heavy on the drum beats. ie Mauro Picotto.

House is a little harder to classify but its funkier, very funky house is called... Funky House ie Roger Sanchez, Basement Jaxx.

----

I guess I could whip up some good examples of each if you are still...confused.

I don't appreciate people mocking the kind of music I like ;)

That's not a joke....it's seriously noise... it's not music...it wasn't created by an instrument..but by a MACHINE...how sad.

Who cares if it was made by machines. Most of Pink Floyd's music was made by machines and that is some of the greatest music ever recorded. David Gilmour once said something along the lines of "we may use the kitchen sink, but you can't give a plumber a kitchen sink and have him make music with it."

I have only ever heard one proper Techno song by moby and this was before Play, its called Thousand because it reaches 1000bpm, but even still it still has deep funky undertones...

And if no-one listens to Techno, why is any music in movies depicint gh tefuture... "techno" ? ;)

Iceman listens to all types of music and doesn't put down other music, it is all matter of personal choice, what I like may or may not be what you like.

nuff said

:cool:

Hey Swi: Give them boys over at ATI a kick in the nonaads and tell them to release some decent drivers.:D

Trance is by far the best!!!!!!!!

and a piano is a machine, a Guitar is a machine, a car is a machine, and yes so are drum machines and synthesisers, All with one thing in common.............

They need a human to make them work!!!!!!

You just dont turn a synth on and say "Oh play some Dance Music" and it happens it takes hours of skillfull sequencing, and i know cause I do it!!

:p

I took out that comment, didn't want any flaming to start, let's all behave, please: Iceman

MOBY is odd,but a couple songs are cool, but i digg DeisleBoy :D his chit can be off the hook i seen him spin live once and he was tight but your def. of house is diff. then what we got down here, house round here is like hip hop club muzic.

ANY type of expression through sound wither it is noise from a machine or from an instrument its music, b/c music is nothing more then sound with emotions, look at Motzart he made music through his emotions and a piano thats how he came up with MUSIC, look at those people that use trash cans that MUSIC, DJs just show there emotions through synthised* sound and with spining records.there is no diffrence its all music. :D

The only problem I have is when someone "steals" someone else's music (sampling)

They dont "steal" anymore, they have to pay royalties, Using samples from other music can be effective look at "ready or not" by the Fugees that enya sample is excellent in that track, George Michael, Sinead O'connor, EMF and loads of others used The James Brown "Funky Drummer" Sample to great effect too. Blackbox were naughty a few years ago though, but "Ms Holloway" soon sorted that out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back