Music CD-RW/Car CD Player

Ci2e

XPert
If I purchase a Music CD-RW 700 MB/80 min 4X ReWritable and take it to my car cd player will it be able to read the disc?

Reason I ask is I have burned music to normal CD-RW media and my car cd player cannot read it.

It probably won't work. I have some players that will play anything (including MP3 on the CDs) and some that will only read CDR media. It depends on the what the player was designed to do and if the player has built in Digital Rights Managment. The "Music CD" blanks are just an advertising ploy.

Check out www.cdfreaks.com they are dedicated to CD and DVD topics. And have a wealth of information.

Music CD-R/CD-RW's are only different from data cdr's by the fact that they have a code inbedded in the ATIP info that proves to a standalone recorder that the disc is infact a music blank and that tax has been paid (that's right, they are more expensive because we already pay a fee with these discs to the RIAA because they knew they would lead to copying...)

And as to whether or not it will play in your car or other cd players? It depends. Some readers will some won't. Most newer players should.

Nice to know this piece of info. I know that that type of CD is only usable on standalone recorders, but never realised tax was being paid. :p

ming...in your sig...
cpu : AMD AthalonXP 2100+ running at 1500+ (1.3 Ghz) (not pointin out the M should be a G) buh was asking..whats the speed of a 2100+?.....why is yours running at 1500+ speed...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back