muppet - help me make it official.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
I was just composing a proposal to my boss about some of our regional administrators, make your own assumptions.

I noticed that "muppet" had a redline underneath it, telling me it was a spelling mistake... oh right? One of the suggestions was "Muppet" which of course is your Miss Piggy, Kermit th eFrog kinda thing.

Now I tell thee...

If a word like ladette can make it into the dictionary why the **** can't muppet be in there?

mup·pet [ múppit ] (plural mup·pets)
noun

1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

are you calling someone a muppet for something they did?
i don't think it'd be professional to use this particular word in a document, unless of course you are using it in terms of Kermit and Co. which uses the "M" in Muppet.

It's more professional than calling them a ****wit, which will be censored by the time I post this, but you get the idea ;)

Muppet is a very professional term used in many businesses every day.

Anyway... back to the point... who do we need to e-mail/write to/call/pester to get Muppet into the dictionary? :D

muppet = slacker

Slacker is what I call my boss :)

ming said:
are you calling someone a muppet for something they did?
i don't think it'd be professional to use this particular word in a document, unless of course you are using it in terms of Kermit and Co. which uses the "M" in Muppet.

It isn't a published document, was more of a memo.

SPeedY_B said:
Anyway... back to the point... who do we need to e-mail/write to/call/pester to get Muppet into the dictionary? :D
Just do what Soccer AM are doing to try and get the work bouncebackability in the dictionary.:p

I want to be a muppet.

mebey I could be Gonzo.......

I've got in WordWeb.

Noun: muppet

Usage: UK

1. (informal) a stupid or weak person

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back