• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

muppet - help me make it official.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I was just composing a proposal to my boss about some of our regional administrators, make your own assumptions.

I noticed that "muppet" had a redline underneath it, telling me it was a spelling mistake... oh right? One of the suggestions was "Muppet" which of course is your Miss Piggy, Kermit th eFrog kinda thing.

Now I tell thee...

If a word like ladette can make it into the dictionary why the **** can't muppet be in there?

mup·pet [ múppit ] (plural mup·pets)
noun

1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

ming

OSNN Advanced
are you calling someone a muppet for something they did?
i don't think it'd be professional to use this particular word in a document, unless of course you are using it in terms of Kermit and Co. which uses the "M" in Muppet.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
It's more professional than calling them a ****wit, which will be censored by the time I post this, but you get the idea ;)

Muppet is a very professional term used in many businesses every day.

Anyway... back to the point... who do we need to e-mail/write to/call/pester to get Muppet into the dictionary? :D

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
ming said:
are you calling someone a muppet for something they did?
i don't think it'd be professional to use this particular word in a document, unless of course you are using it in terms of Kermit and Co. which uses the "M" in Muppet.
It isn't a published document, was more of a memo.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
SPeedY_B said:
Anyway... back to the point... who do we need to e-mail/write to/call/pester to get Muppet into the dictionary? :D
Just do what Soccer AM are doing to try and get the work bouncebackability in the dictionary.:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies