Multiprocessor PC

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hey Everyone,
I have a problem, I am bored with my pc...
I was thinking that i should build a multiprocessor pc, not only dual core but multi dual core... I was wondering if anywhere there is a motherboard that supports more than 2 processors... Like a motherboard with 3 or 4 processor slots...
I was thinkint i would have maybe 4 amd x2 4400s...
I'd of course purchase new memory and new hdds and new gpu and liquid cooling...
But i want to know if itsw even worth my thought, because if there are no 4 or 3 slot mobos around then i cant do it...
My friend says that you can make two computers work together by network, he said it was slow thow... So i was thinking, is there a way to connect two dual processor mobos together in a quick way so that it was unbarably fast?

Just a thought,
Jack

OK first off, why don't you give me some money, because obviously you have too much :p

Secondly, that would be such a WASTE of money. Even if you had ONE AMD X2 4400+, you wouldn't come CLOSE to maximizing the potential of that puppy 100% of the time. If you really want something bleeding edge, wait a little for the AMD M2 or whatever it's called, it is their new chipset which is supposed to be the cat's meow, although some early tests predict otherwise.

Long story short, I would wait. You have a friggin 4600 already, if you are bored with your PC, go outside :cool:

EDIT: Also, last I checked the only AMD motherboards that were out there supporting dual processors were for Opteron's. I could be wrong on that though...

You can go upto 8-way with AMD procs using the opteron 8xx.

You might want to save your pennies though.

Is the opteron good?
Or at least 64 bit?
Its not dual core is it?
Thanks,
Jack

Eh...
This kinda sucks,
the only processor that can be used more than twice on a board is the 800 series, which costs around 730 bucks for teh worst one...
IM not even sure if these are better than my processor right now...
:(
Damnit!

Yah but at that... Whats the point...
The whole reason i want it is to be special :)

Nothing right now except in the $erver lines.

For Intel:
"The next generation of processors, however, will be available in the second half of 2007: Kentsfield in the desktop and Clowertown in the server/workstation space will merge two dual-core Conroe or Woodcrest dies into one package."

AMD hasn't announced quad desktop cpu's yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back