• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Multiple Wireless Configurations

M

MattFromNE

Hi all,

I have a question about wireless networking with XP Pro:
My new laptop has a wireless card built in and we have wireless networks at work, my apartmet, and on campus. Unfortunately, the settings for each location are completely different and I currently have to rekey in all the information (IP address, subnet, gateway, DNS, SSIDs, etc) when I fo from one location to another.

Is there a way in Windows (or a nice 3rd-party program) to manage these different settings and easily switch between them? For instance, have like an "apartment" mode, an "at work" mode, and an "on campus" mode?

Thanks!

In XP you have a tab called Alternative Configuration under your TCP/IP settings. There you can put at least one more configuration. Three however...

M

MattFromNE

I don't have that tab! I checked on a friend's computer and his is there?! Is there a way to get the tab back?

Also, if I can get that tab, how do I switch between the main and alternate configuration?

Thanks!
Matt

Now that's strange! I have no idea, sorry.
Switching is done automaticaly I think, or it uses both at the same time. I don't really know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies