multiple new meaasged in outlook express

M

meisme

Every time I oprn outlook express it seems to recieve multiple new messages. I have no idea what causes this. Any sugestions?

What do you mean Muliple messages? Like more then one copy of the same message? Thats probably the mail server your using, i would check with the ISP as to why that happens

JJB

I use hotmail, and yes I do recieve more than one copy of the same message.

man, I get that all the time from hotmail with outlook express. I stopped using hotmail altogether, now I use softhome.net and it works great.
Natas

Hotmail works great in OE for me, no such multiple messages...

Hi,

Try this link

Hope this helps you

Alan

bluegrab.gif

Sorry the above post is for win98 arg!!!!! ;)

I found this.

Following is special instructions for Hotmail and Outlook Express:

When you download Hotmail, either do not access the Hotmail folder itself whilst downloading, or turn off the option to include Hotmail in a send/receive.

If you access the Hotmail folder (which initiates a download) at the same time as OE is retrieving from the same Hotmail account, you can (and often will) get two copies of the email.

This should help you.

Alan

bluegrab.gif

I get this problem sometimes. Basically i believe its because OE downloads messages twice. Once because you set that account to synch automatically when you load OE and the second time because you click on that account and it downloads them again (before the first autosynch process is complete). I was able to get around this by either a) unchecking the autosynch that account or b) waiting until all the messages load then clicking on that account.

What really bugs me is when sometimes one of my accounts gets filled with all the messages of another account. Only way to fix this is close/reopen OE and redownload all those msgs again.

Leedog,

If you do open O/E while the messages are being d/loaded from hotmail, you will get multipule messages [though not all the time], its a know bug/issue.

If you have another folder on your hotmail account just click onto that, then go back to your inbox folder and the multipule messages are no more, a pian in the a$$ I know but this is how I get around it rather than closing and re-opening O/E.

Alan

bluegrab.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back