Multiple Monitors, separate desktops

H

huFFamOOse

atm I'm using Multiple monitors in xp and it's working fine.
Problem is I would like more out of it, mainly I'd like to have separate desktops on each monitor. Currently it's only 1 desktop stretched out across the 2 monitors and programs can be dragged between them and fully maximised over them.
I have seen many virtual desktop programs but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good one which helps keep the 2 monitors separate, but can toggle between them.
The main thing I dont want it to do is be able to show up windows half on 1 window and half on another, each program should be on its own monitor.
Suggestions? :confused:

Wow, pretty good program. Still programs get caugt in the middle, but this is the best out of all to prog's I've tried. It does a pretty good job of keeping stuff separate, like the desktops using profiles. I like the taskbar & button's it adds too. I think'll be using this until someone creates a way for totally separate desktops.

Thnx :)

ultra mon works great been using it for a while , can set up diff wallpapers for each monitor, easy to send one app from one monitor to the other.

ultramon, works great been using it for years, since win98.
you can set an option in either windows display properties or ultramon (can't remember which) to disallow programs from appearing int he middle

If you want completely separate desktops then you want a virtual desktop manager. windows has its own, can't remember if it comes as default or with powertoys. but just rightlick on the task bar and goto toolbars and select virtual desktop (or something similar). Also if you have a Nvida card then most recent drivers for it have Nview which does a similar thing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back