Multiple Logins

• Thread starter PCandNetworking
  • Start date
P

PCandNetworking

I have to setup multiple logins for a XP Pro machine at a Secretaries desk. I have 4 Secretaries who will use this, and I want to make it as easy as possible to logon. How do I set it up so they simply click their login name and then they put in their password?

Control Panel/User Accounts...create a new account

This will give me a login screen with every one's login on it? They can't remember how to logon, so it's gotta be as simple as click and password.

Originally posted by PCandNetworking
This will give me a login screen with every one's login on it? They can't remember how to logon, so it's gotta be as simple as click and password.

Yes, you have to create a new user for each person that will be using that PC. Then all they have to do is click (or if you're using the classic view you'll have a drop down box) and enter their password.

Unless the computer is the member of a domain... In which case it'll have the win2k style logon where they have to type there name and password...

Yep...

that will give you exactly what you are looking for... when you click the user name, it will prompt you for a password, nothing difficult to it...

check the attachment to see what I mean... (I blurred the names to protect the innocent :D )

Good luck...

Originally posted by MiseryQ
Unless the computer is the member of a domain... In which case it'll have the win2k style logon where they have to type there name and password...

Darn! That's it, it will be part of a Domain. :( That's unfortunate, the secretaries just don't get the concept of different profiles!! :mad:

Make on general profile for the 4 of them to use :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Make on general profile for the 4 of them to use :confused: :confused:

That won't work either, because I have to configure 4 different logons for another program that is on there.

I just made each profile have different backgrounds, and maybe they will understand the concept of logging in and out when needed.

These secretaries are leaving a bad image of women when it comes to computers. Snap out of it ladies!! Wake up, the year is 2002 not 1962 :D :D :D

educate them simply and properly? write out directions straightforward enough and tape them to the monitor?
/Lactic

Originally posted by Lactic.Acid
educate them simply and properly? write out directions straightforward enough and tape them to the monitor?
/Lactic

I have done this several times, and all they do is complain that they can not do it. They run to their contact in the union and complain. They are simply lazy and worthless individuals.

Tad harsh, but I know exactly the type, except Administrative staff at my place of work don't have a union to cry to. You could try taking it to the extreme of making that part of their job requirements so you can replace them =p
/Lactic

Hey all, newbie here,

this is crazy - im from New Zealand - we dont have unions here (not sure if good or bad) but cant u send them on a quick training buzz or sumthing???? i cant even grasp how they cannot logon??? crazy world.....sorry if i sound bitchy just cant understand - im no genuis but not hard - XP makes it so babies could logon - 4 Blonds? ohh well luvin it and this site is phat!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back