Multiple Dial-up connections

N

Nash

There's how I make two dial-up connections work at the same time on XP? I have two 56k modems with different ISPs, but when I dial the second connection, the first stops the activity.
There's how I make both work together? I'd like to use one connection for downloads and the other for browsing.

2 X phone bills and 2 X isp bills????

get broadband i would say :)

apart from you cannot do this as TCP/IP wants one instance only :)

You can achieve this if you have a few things. The first major requirement is that both dial-up connections are with the same ISP and that said ISP supports what is commonly called multi-linking, bonding or "shot-gunning" as coined by Diamond Multimedia in the early days.

Unfortunately, if you don't have these things your out of luck. Also, keep in mind that if you do successfully meet all the requirements your really only load-balancing between the two connections.

At a LAN once we joined together around 4 modems :). It would of been expensive... but the speed was great :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back