Multi output of sound simultaneously?

ming

OSNN Advanced
Is there a way of getting windows to output sound on to two different devices at the same time?
What I mean by this is that I have a sound card that is meant to output sound via speakers/headphones.... etc. However, I've just got a bluetooth headset for my mobile and a bluetooth adapter for the PC. What I have done is connected my bluetooth headset to the PC and I'm using it as a replacement for my headphones.... getting rid of the attached cables. :D

The problem now is whenever I want to output sound on the speakers, I have to change the audio device to the sound card via Audio Properties or change it to bluetooth (as the Audio device) if i want to use the bluetooth headset.

I'm wondering if there is a way of getting the computer to output sound on two devices at the same time. Is this possible?

I don't think so. No likely hits on google and I don't think the sound services in Windows are set up for it.

I'd try looking for a utility to allow me to fast switch without crawling through the windows system manager. Didn't the bluetooth adapter come with any software for switching?

It switches over to the sound card if I stop the bluetooth service, but that's still needs me to tell it to stop.
I'd like to be able to hear sound from both the headset and speakers at same time if it poss. :(

You need a program like "Virtual Audio Cable" to be able to route the sounds.

dreamliner77 said:
You need a program like "Virtual Audio Cable" to be able to route the sounds.

Virtual Audio Cable is a Windows multimedia driver allowing you to transfer audio (wave) streams from one application to another. It creates a pair of Wave In/Out devices for each cable. Any application can send audio stream to Out device, and any other application can receive this stream from In device. All transfers are made digitally, providing NO sound quality loss. VAC is a "wave-version" of the "MIDI loopback cable" like MultiMid or Hubi's Loopback drivers.

If more than one applications are sending audio to VAC, it will mix all streams together. If more than one applications are receiving audio from VAC, it will share the same audio data between all targets.

Homepage

Trial version download

Thanks for expanding my suggestion Egghead. It was too early in the morning for me to start digging for links.

Anytime bud!

I'm bored and I thought I could help Ming find it.

Great suggestion btw

Cheers!

thanx for the suggestions...will need to look into it a bit more before I try it out. Weird, the machine has gone slow after installing the bluetooth software.

It absolutely is possible. This can be proven by using a program called PCDJ Red. It's a computerized mixer. It allows you to play one channel while monitoring another from another sound device so that you can cue up the song. I don't know how to work with your situation, just that it is possible to have two different audio streams going at the same time.

The way I see it is that the bluetooth acts as a soundcard of its own. And as far as I know, you can't have two soundcards running at the same time.
So, are you implying that the software is able to bridge two sound devices so that sound output is enabled on both?

You can definitely have two sound cards running. It just becomes an issue if they are the same manufacturer. My last machine had an SB PCI 16 and a Delta 1010 in it no problems. Alot of folks even run onboard and PCI. You just need the programs to be aware that there are multiple output devices and allow you to select them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back