Multi network IM progs

Digdis

OSNN Addict
Political Access
Hi,
As someone who has many contacts in both MSN & ICQ networks, I tend to use "multi network" proggies such as Trilian or IM2. Used Trilian in the past, but hated its interface, so I moved to IM2 as soon as I heard of it. It's a real nice app, with a simpler interface (has the MSN feel). It's only problem is that it's still a bit buggy. I stick with it for now, as I feel they'll fix its bugs soon enough. What do you think? Do you know any other "multi network" apps like these two? Like to hear your opinions on any of these proggies.
D.

You'd have to try Trillian 3, so much better.

man.. trillian rocks so hard. i man if you dont like the whole interface just reskin it. Akion 3. is badass. hmm perhaps im spoiled by version 2.

GAIM is quite good as well, though some of its MSN support is a bit silly, its definitely designed for AIM and then had MSN added on afterwards

is itg out of betas? trillian pro 3 that is? and what are the diff between 2-3

Trillian 3 Pro has been out for some time now.

I too didn't like Trillian that much. I preferred the interfaces of the original clients. I hated GAIM. I go back to it once in a while, but it's always missing the features I want. I am now using Trillian 3 Pro and although it's not quite what I want, I have to compromise. I don't want to run clients for ICQ, AIM, MSN, Y!, and Trillian still does the best multi-network job. I actually liked one of the jabber clients, but it was hard finding a jabber server that had the multi-network plugins supported ... so with Trillian I stay.

Has anyone here tried IM2 (beside me)?
D.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back