Multi Boot HELP

W

westy1

I have 2 hard drives installed, 1 with XP on and 1 i use for back up.
My XP hard drive is using NTFS, I have just partitioned my 2nd hard drive, making 4 partitions, 1 partition is formatted as FAT32 and I have installed Win 98, the 2nd partition is FAT and I am trying to install Win 95, without success at the moment I keep getting a SU-0013 error and I dont know how to get over it.
Both partitions are 2gig.
ANYONE HELP.

If I do manage to get Win 95 on will I have to use a 3rd party boot loader.

Or wont this work at all.

Yeah, you'll need a third party bootloader. 95, 98, and (I think - not positive) ME, need to be on the primary partition (w/o third party help).

There's a pretty good article about multi-booting on the Micorsoft website... give me a couple minutes and I'll see if I can find it and edit my post here.

Here's one article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q217210

Here's the one I was thinking of:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gettingstarted/multiboot.asp

These articles pertain to just utilizing the operating systems own capabilities. You'll need to read the documentation of a third party boot loader to use it. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back