msvcrt.dll

greggustin

OSNN Addict
while doing some research on another issue
I stumbled across some threads about this => msvcrt.dll
and the multiple crashes it can cause when this files is corrupted
as many of the crashes seemed familiar
(ie most of them, something like "... Explorer has caused an error" )

and , as in the posts I read = there are multiple msvcrt.dll in multiple folders
(not all the same size or same date)
and sadly = all the various instructions on how to 'replace them all'
seemed confusing/dangerous/hard to do

so - here I am, asking you experts
what should I do

I had a problem with a virus that was pretending to be that file about three years ago. Last time I use McAfee.

This file can be installed with a number of products including (but not limited to) Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Updater, SecureCRT, and a basic Windows installation.

If in fact the file you are having a problem with is the one located in C:\WINDOWS\system32 then I suggest running System File Checker (Start, Run, cmd, sfc /scannow).

However, if the file you are having a problem with is located else where on the system then you will need to reinstall the application that is using this paticular extension.

You could try, but I would assume some of them may be in use.

Do you have a specific error that is even pointing you to this file as the root cause?

I wouldn't suggest that because they may be different versions.

As I said, SFC /SCANNOW will fix the one in the system32 directory.

Or you can copy the one from SP2 (extract the files first) and re-register the file.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back