MSSQLExpress and MySQL in same tower?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Before I do this,

I would like to know if they can co-exist in the same tower. (MSSQLExpress & MySQL)

Everything I got runs off Mysql, but I wouldn't mind testing MSSQL for my applications. I don't have a spare machine.

Thanks,

Heeter

making. life. hard. :)

I love how people make suggestions that are way more complex than needed. Virtualisation is not necessary. THey are happy side by side. They don't screw each other over. Just install both, play and remvoe one if you don't like it. S.I.M.P.L.E.

Might I also suggest you move MySQL onto a more stable platform, for example Linux. Then download VMWare Workstation and install Windows 2003 Server edition and download the MSSQL on that. Just because. :p

making. life. hard. :)

I love how people make suggestions that are way more complex than needed. Virtualisation is not necessary. THey are happy side by side. They don't screw each other over. Just install both, play and remvoe one if you don't like it. S.I.M.P.L.E.

While I agree with you, it was merely a suggestion incase he was not comfortable actually doing that. If the goal was merely to test and play and there is a concern there about how they will inter-mingle with eachother, a VM is still a good choice. Not everyone likes to load things they aren't familar with in a production environment.

LOL,

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I just want to test the MSSQL within my environment. Everything is super fine and stable with my MySQL setup right now. I just don't want to upset that part while I test withMSSQL.

Thanks all,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back