MSN Virus

Bman - Just go to add/remove programs and choose Snag-it. You will now have two options which are modify and remove. Choose modify and you can remove components of Snag-it. Myself, during Snag-it install I only install the program itself and none of the "add-ons".

Thanks zombie that was easy,

and the QTtask thing, I swear I was told (maybe even from here) not to remove it.....

explanation why I can remove it?

QTTask is just the icon in your system tray. Whoever told you not to remove it was smoking crack or something...

Also

How to disable dumprep.exe: if you want to.

1. Right click on “My Computer,” choose “Properties” from that menu.
  2. Click on “Advanced tab,”
  3. Click the “Error Reporting” button.
  4. Check the “Disable error reporting” box. You may choose to uncheck the the box below it, “But notify me when an error occurs,” if desired.
Voila, the annoying dumprep.exe tool is now disabled!
Don't disable error reporting. People who use it and report the problems they have get the problems fixed. If it's a Microsoft problem, guess what! They make a hotfix. If it's with another piece of software, they forward the crashdumps to the developers of that software.

So if you don't want to help your favorite software or get your OS fixed/more secure, be a fool and disable it.

channel9 has a video somewhere showing their crashdump sql datamining. After I saw that I stopped disabling error reporting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back