News MSN Video Player launches in the UK

I was delayed posting this as I have been watching Big Train on it most of the day, but this has to be the most exciting event in MSN video since the Arrested Developement MSN site appeared:

MSN Video Player is now available as a free online beta to those in the UK. MSN Video Player is available exclusively in the UK and offers over 300 hours of free content from both BBC worldwide and producer All3Media, responsible for shows like peep show and shameless. Microsoft is running a 6 month trial of the player during which time Ashley Highfield, Microsoft's managing director and vice president of consumer and online, claims that the company has sold out of its advertising space to fund the MSN Video Player.

The idea behind the video player is not to compete with the BBC's iPlayer or Channel 4's OD but to complement the services and offering backdated programming. In an interview with the BBC Microsoft's Highfield claims "we cover everything from a few months ago to a few years ago. This is bringing all the programs together in one place. It's going to be a one stop shop for recent and older classic British television."

I am really excited about the potential of this as I have been hoping that some of my favourite older shows would appear on line. BBC iPlayer is great for watching new TV shows I might have missed, but I can't even find some of the older stuff on Facebook anymore. If you can get the last few season of 'Nevermind the Buzzcocks' on there I will love you forever!

:view: View: MSN Video Player
:source: News Source: Neowin

If you are in the UK or have some way of watching this, be sure to check out Big Train a quite old series but damn funny starring Simon Pegg who was of course Scotty in the recent Star Trek remake.

Attachments

• BigTrain.png
    BigTrain.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 158
Quite like this new service, some classics on there. Only thing which annoys me is the volume of the adverts, trying to subtly watch something doesn't work too well when the sodding direct line trumpets sound off twice as loud as the programme :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back