MSN Problem

jimi_81

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
Hi

I have this reoccuring problem where MSN disconnects periodically. So to my contacts, I keep logging in and i can see how that gets annoying.

I am running MSN 7.0.0813 (newest?)
I have a Dlink 624 Router (uPNP enabled, latest firmware)
I have the windows firewall shut off. And I run Norton AV in the background.
Windows SP2.

Any clue as to why? A thorough Spyware check doesnt seem to bring up anything. My brother has a similar setup and experiences the same problems. I believe it is the router, perhaps the firmware is messing something up... as for the firewall rules, i do experience slow file tranfers when sending to people whom are behind firewalls... which makes some sense, i suppose their routers arent properly configured? To anyone else, my transfers are fast.

Any help, suggestions, or similar experiences would be appreciated.
thanks

I had a random disconnet problem before, it was when I was using all of my upload(bittorrent etc.) Make sure you have nothing using your upload

hmm, interesting. no bittorent running... my brother doesnt know what that is but i should check if hes stealing my bandwidth

hmm, found something about DMZ problems.. i enabled, then disabled.... and disabled "Gaming Mode"... and all of the VPN features... havent gone down once yet... probably coincidence...

can i rep myself, im still up and running!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back