MSN Music to offer free songs

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Just a little heads up. :)
Microsoft's MSN Music on Monday announced it would offer free downloads of some songs in the running for Grammy awards this year.

From Tuesday through Saturday, the company will offer one song download per day. The songs will be selected by the editorial team at MSN Music, which will pick the tracks they think will win the Grammy in several categories.

On Tuesday, MSN will offer its picks for best pop vocal performance, male and female. The following four days, the company will give away its choice for the "best song" in four categories: rock (on Wednesday), rap (Thursday), R&B (Friday), and country (Saturday).

The music download market is dominated by Apple Computer's iTunes store. In a bid to challenge this domination, Microsoft last year launched its music service. Both companies offer songs for 99 cents each.

MSN said that only one free song download will be allowed per person per day. The offer is open to U.S. residents who are at least 18 years old. Microsoft also said music fans will need to sign up for an MSN music account and provide a credit card number.
Source: News.com
MSN Music - Grammys 2005

I was all excited until I read "The offer is open to U.S. residents who are at least 18 years old. Microsoft also said music fans will need to sign up for an MSN music account and provide a credit card number."
:angry:

Nice to see MS following Apple on this one ... although a bit different of course as it's only 5 days instead of every week like iTunes. :)

Yeah, it's a good way to get people to try the service, especially since Microsoft doesn't really advertise MSN Music all that much at all.
I already got my share of 10 free songs last year, thanks to EP :) Great quality, variable bitrate files.

NetRyder said:
Yeah, it's a good way to get people to try the service, especially since Microsoft doesn't really advertise MSN Music all that much at all.
Probably because they lose money with the service and only have it because EVERYONE else has one. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back