• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MSN Messenger XP question

C

chainsaw

I know microsoft released version 5 officially, but did they release version 5 for XP?

On their website... version 5 is only listed under msn messenger, not windows messenger for XP.

Can I install msn messenger if i have windows messenger?

D

Daedalus

yep, i have XP and i have uninstalled Windows messenger also otherwise u'll run into problems. But otherwise, it works great:)

K

knowley

To make sure MSN messenger becomes the default messenger over XPs Windows Messenger you need to make sure Windows Messenger is CLOSED before you install Msn5. Right Click on it and then choose EXIT.

If you do not the installation script cant disable windows messenger. Personally I would wait for Windows Messenger 5 to be released. If you have already installed MSN5, remove it, disable windows mess. and then reinstall it.

Plus! doesnt work completely with messenger 5, but it will log your chat... And soon a new version of plus! will be released that support msn 5

E

EMDY

how can i get rid of windows messenger.....or uninstall it???? what the best way?...so i can install MSN Messenger to be the default Instant Messenger application......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies