MSN messenger +webcam

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey !
I got a new webcam from Samsung that is supposed to be good.
I tryed to use it with the latest msn 7.0 beta but the webcam doesn't work but then I install 6.2 and it works.

Now, my friend has a really simple webcam... and mine is supposed to be better, but i see all his movements.. smooth.. and he can see mine stuck. and i see mine stuck too..

where can i change the settings or ... something ?

Quick answer is to reduce the resolution settings of your webcam. If your bandwidth is not fast enough and you're trying to send a stream at a resolution that is higher, it's gonna be choppy...

Most high-end cams have a res of 640x480 by default (like mine...), and if I want people to see it more fluently, I have to change it to the lower setting even though I'm on Videotron Extreme which gives me around 850kbps of upload speed (105Kb/sec).

Just check at the settings in the control panel, you probably have something for your webcam in there... otherwise it's probably in the Start/Programs menu. Try to tweak the settings to lower the quality and see if that works.

If you want more help with that, take screenshots of the cam's control panels and psate them in here, I'll figure out what to tweak for you.

yeah u can use msn or even the actual samsung software to change the rez. i would probably change it to 320x240 or maybe even lower, depending if u have broadband or dialup

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back