MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta !!Crash!!

L

Leevoy

Installed MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta, cleanly!

Wonders if ne1 else got the same problems with it I have.

Does not ride o.k. Just crashes.

I tried unistalling cleaning registry of all indictaions leading to ever having installed it.

So wonders if ne1 else has installed MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta and found it won't work.

NE!?

Worked fine here for the 2 minute I used it, but then it is a beta.

Wondering if it might be a case of having removed the standard MSN messenger which came with XP Pro. Might try reinstalling that to see if it might be the case. I might try some silly solutions but I want to get to the bottom of this, so whenever I have problems I always find a fix one-way-or-another.

Having to redownload MSN 5, so will hope for any Ideas and suggestions when I get back from Rochester later. Have a cool day, laters.

doesnt have any kind of problems here and i removed the standard xp messenger 2. so very strange...

Works fine here, I left Windows Messenger installed.

I have Windows Messenger installed as well. I uninstalled MSN Messenger 5 and Messenger Plus, and then installed MSN Messenger 6. Working great for me. I've been using it for a couple of days now.

For me, I closed MSN Messenger 5 (Windows Messenger uninstalled for quite some time already), and installed MSN Messenger 6 in its place, and indeed it updated version 5 to 6.
No trace of the 5.x version anywhere, even in the add/remove section of the control panel...
Works fine for me also, no crash... ;)
Better looking than ever :)

Ohh well maybe my registry is being an ass. Get right v5.01 gone unstable also, bugger will have to do a system restore and see if I can fix it that way.

Thanks for any comments, regards :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back