• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta !!Crash!!

L

Leevoy

Installed MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta, cleanly!

Wonders if ne1 else got the same problems with it I have.

Does not ride o.k. Just crashes.

I tried unistalling cleaning registry of all indictaions leading to ever having installed it.

So wonders if ne1 else has installed MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta and found it won't work.

NE!?

L

Leevoy

Wondering if it might be a case of having removed the standard MSN messenger which came with XP Pro. Might try reinstalling that to see if it might be the case. I might try some silly solutions but I want to get to the bottom of this, so whenever I have problems I always find a fix one-way-or-another.

Having to redownload MSN 5, so will hope for any Ideas and suggestions when I get back from Rochester later. Have a cool day, laters.

I have Windows Messenger installed as well. I uninstalled MSN Messenger 5 and Messenger Plus, and then installed MSN Messenger 6. Working great for me. I've been using it for a couple of days now.

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
For me, I closed MSN Messenger 5 (Windows Messenger uninstalled for quite some time already), and installed MSN Messenger 6 in its place, and indeed it updated version 5 to 6.
No trace of the 5.x version anywhere, even in the add/remove section of the control panel...
Works fine for me also, no crash... ;)
Better looking than ever :)

L

Leevoy

Ohh well maybe my registry is being an ass. Get right v5.01 gone unstable also, bugger will have to do a system restore and see if I can fix it that way.

Thanks for any comments, regards :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown