• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MSN Messenger v2.2 Ad Remover?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
#1
Does anyone know where to get a patch to remove the ads from MSN Messenger version 2.2 or how to remove the ads yourself? Please advice.

Thank you in advance.

//matt
 

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
#3
Try installing MsnMessenger Plus! from www.patchou.com...
Are you sure your version is 2.2 ? It's seems very old and I'm not sure MSNM Plus! will work if it's really 2.2... anyway MSNM Plus! works like a charm to remove ads and many other special/extra features for Msn Messenger ;)
 

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
#6
Why this link ? We're talking about Msn Messenger because some of us like it, so why do you suggest an alternative ?
I use Trillian Pro myself for other mediums than Msn, so I like it very much, but again this thread is about Msn Messenger ;)
Madmatt, I strongly suggest you to upgrade Msn Mssenger to v6.1.xx and next install MsnMessengerPlus!
 

Kr0m

Moderator
#7
MsgPlus! is a neat addon for MSN Messenger but I'm debating if it's worth the 5MB of resources it takes up. I only use it to block those ads and the manual renaming of contacts.
 
L

Lee

Guest
#8
As we are chatting about messenger, is there some kind of hack out there which will allow me (I am in UK) to use the chat rooms on MSN? I really miss the trivia rooms, if you didn't know they banned us in the UK from using their chat sites.
 

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
#9
This version is aimed towards Exchange Server. It is used as a means of communicating through our Exchange Server. Newer versions do not support this.
 

Graebob

Generally Random
#12
Kr0m said:
MsgPlus! is a neat addon for MSN Messenger but I'm debating if it's worth the 5MB of resources it takes up. I only use it to block those ads and the manual renaming of contacts.
well, I could tell you how to block those ads ;)

Start -> Run -> services.msc

Find "messenger", double click, set its startup type to "disabled", hit ok, then right click and hit "stop". Problem solved.

The "messenger" service has nothing to do with msn/windows messenger :)
 
#13
Graebob said:
well, I could tell you how to block those ads ;)

Start -> Run -> services.msc

Find "messenger", double click, set its startup type to "disabled", hit ok, then right click and hit "stop". Problem solved.

The "messenger" service has nothing to do with msn/windows messenger :)
I'm not sure if your post is total scarcasm or you seriously mistaken this thread to be about the Messenger Service in Windows. Each post states pretty clearly that we're talking about the Instant Messaging program made by MS.
 

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
#14
Kr0m said:
I'm not sure if your post is total scarcasm or you seriously mistaken this thread to be about the Messenger Service in Windows. Each post states pretty clearly that we're talking about the Instant Messaging program made by MS.
I agree with you Kr0m, I think he totally misunderstood what this thread is all about...
 

Graebob

Generally Random
#15
Maybe, I tend to do things like that, chip in my .02 where its not needed, but oh well :rolleyes:

My comment was in reference to Kr0ms comment of "those ads". I assumed by "those ads" he meant the popup Alert style ads that were rife under MSN/Windows messenger, in which case the tweak I provided is in fact perfectly valid.

However, it's NOT valid if I was mistaken and "those ads" refers to any other ad (such as the one at the bottom of the main client window for example).

Sorry for any mixup, I certainly wasn't being sarcastic, just perhaps a little over-zealous :)
 

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
#17
Graebob said:
Maybe, I tend to do things like that, chip in my .02 where its not needed, but oh well :rolleyes:

My comment was in reference to Kr0ms comment of "those ads". I assumed by "those ads" he meant the popup Alert style ads that were rife under MSN/Windows messenger, in which case the tweak I provided is in fact perfectly valid.

However, it's NOT valid if I was mistaken and "those ads" refers to any other ad (such as the one at the bottom of the main client window for example).

Sorry for any mixup, I certainly wasn't being sarcastic, just perhaps a little over-zealous :)
The alerts are affiliated with the messenger service, a network communication protocol that is completely unrelated to either windows messenger or msn messenger. i.e. if i completely uninstall msn messenger I would still get those alerts.
 

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
#18
leedogg said:
The alerts are affiliated with the messenger service, a network communication protocol that is completely unrelated to either windows messenger or msn messenger. i.e. if i completely uninstall msn messenger I would still get those alerts.
You told again what I already said, different way, different words, but the very same thing ;)
 

ace56x

OSNN Junior Addict
#19
You those ads don't bother me. I hardly notice their there. Then again when I use messenger it's usually hidden. Oh well.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,961
Messages
673,239
Members
89,013
Latest member
Pdawgintown