MSN Messenger oddity.

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I have messenger on my home system and very rareyly use it.

When I do use it, it typically automatically disconnects every few minutes without me really knowing.

I don't know till I try to send a message or something like that.

That's when the status says I've been disconnected and I have to manually reconnect.

Advice on what might be going on here?

Not really sure what was involved, but I believe Admiral Michael had a similar problem. Can't recall if I was talking to him on MSN or if he posted about it. Maybe he will post, or could send him a PM :)

I believe he fixed it, but can't recall.

Sigh, I'm no help :(

Thanks D.

Anyone else want to take a shot at this?

Does it just sign you out, and seems like nothing happend (never signed in) or does it say it's trying to reconnect, but having problems?

just signed me out, and i cant sign back in it trys to log in for a few seconds, then goes back as if i just opend the program, btw this is happening on the leaked 869 windows live, but windows messenger logs in, but then i tried to sign in from live again and it signs me out of windows messenger but doesnt sign in very weird

that was happening to me a while ago so i cleared my LSP layer and it seemed to do the trick

Bman™ said:
Does it just sign you out, and seems like nothing happend (never signed in) or does it say it's trying to reconnect, but having problems?

Just signs me out. I don't even know I am signed out till I try to type something and send it. Then it tells me I am disconnected.

can u sign in? same thing with me, u usin windows live?

I had a problem similar to this and found that it was my router ..

I dunno what settings to screw around with on my router though.

I had the same problem awhile ago, it was because I made an .net account on another computer, and that msn was set to connect on startup, and thats why. Have you signed in anywhere else or anything like that?

I haven't, nope.

This is the only system that I use my personal accounts on. It's just annoying as heck that it keeps signing me off :(

The only things that come to mind is, settings in Msn (most likely not), setting in the router (firewall, and windows firewall)

I'm not sure what else it could be, some kind of virus? Probably not but hey

sazar said:
Just signs me out. I don't even know I am signed out till I try to type something and send it. Then it tells me I am disconnected.

i have the same issue... i just blamed it on microsoft and moved on however if there is a fix, i'd be interested too ....

i don't think its a router/firewall problem, because i have friends that also have this issue, and most of them still dialup {no router}....

I experience this not too often but it does happen with me randomly. MSN will the only application I am running that is actively connecting the internet and when I havent typed anything for a while, it signs out and attempts to sign back in, but not always, I can leave it for ages and it wont do that.

But I have noticed that when Im downloading a lot, whether it be a large file
taking a long time, or running some programs that download stuff, like star downloader, MSN signs out and attempts to sign back in. Same with eMule, and DC++.

I think everyone one time or another has encountered this, but Sazar's problem is alittle different. I'm going to do some research tonight, let ya know if I find anything.

Work sucks, that being said.

I did have a problem of being disconnect about every 2 hours. I narrowed it down to my router, looks like it was killing, from it's point a view, inactive connections. They wer eactive cause it would happen during a group chat and such.

I ended up diteching the router and moved to Smoothwall. Problem SOLVED! and I haven't looked back, it's so customisable too :)

and no they are not paying me to endore em.

ok it worked later that day after i woke up :D

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back