MSN Messenger 6.2 Tweaks? Post Here

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Hello everyone :)

Its been a long long time since i have last been on this forum but i thought id kick back into action and ask this simple question to hopefully build up a great thread to help everyone and anyone with anything related to MSN Messenger 6.2

Does anyone have a great tweak to share for MSN Messenger 6.2 which could benifit to anyone else?

Do you know any information which could help mod MSN to make it work better?

Do you know any tutorials which could help in skinning? Tools, Programs, files?

I hope this thread can grow and share alot of tweaking information :)

Alex :cool:

Ill start off :)

To Remove Ad's In MSN Messenger 6.2

it is very simple to remove the ADS fr MSN 6.2..

FIRST! do a backup of "msnmsgr.exe" and Close MSN/Remove fr Taskbar.

STEP1: download Hex Editor XVI32 from this website. No need to install, just extract the .zip file.

STEP2: start XVI32.exe, choose File > Open, locate "msnmsgr.exe", and open it

STEP3: From the menu, select Address > Goto, select hexadecimal, and enter E5E61, press OK

STEP4: The value selected will be 74, simply type EB to replace it (so 74 becomes EB)

STEP5: When done select File > Save from the menu, and exit XVI32 ,

Reopen Messenger 6.2, now without the ads!

To Remove TAB's In MSN Messenger 6.2

Tools > Options > Privacy
Check 'This is a shared computer so don't display my tabs'

Yeah thats an awsome site...or just use MSN PLUS

"To Remove TAB's In MSN Messenger 6.2

Tools > Options > Privacy
Check 'This is a shared computer so don't display my tabs'"

Thanks! Never known you could do it like that. I also like running two msn messengers at once, patch at mess.be as maddoctor said.

Please don't use Messenger Plus

MS Plus is full of spyware and shouldn't be installed at all!!!!MSN 7.0 works just fine with me!See the attached image.It was blocked for some days only. :)

Attachments

• msn7.jpg
    msn7.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 114
MS Plus has one spyware program which you can optionaly install

Man i really hope we dont start arguing about how msn plus has spyware. I have never gopt spyware from it cause u can choose if u wanna install it or not.

Khayman said:
MS Plus has one spyware program which you can optionaly install
TittleBitties said:
Man i really hope we dont start arguing about how msn plus has spyware. I have never gopt spyware from it cause u can choose if u wanna install it or not.

yeah they are right, if u cant read and see whats goign on, u deserve to have spyware on ur pc, cuz u probably thought it was a license agreement and u never read them anyways all u do is say i agree, so thats very wrong

How many times have you read a license agreement or any of the notices that appear in a installation!?I to be honest only one or two times, and unfortunatelly wasn't when I installed msn plus :(

So I prefer to run my MSN Messenger 7.0.332 Beta without any extra :D

I started using Beta 7, I quite liked some of the new features, although mostly pointless they where vaguely entertaining. But there was a big security hole in in it, has it been fixed?

themafia_69 said:
yeah they are right, if u cant read and see whats goign on, u deserve to have spyware on ur pc, cuz u probably thought it was a license agreement and u never read them anyways all u do is say i agree, so thats very wrong
Also i dont see how u could miss it cause it says if u wanna install the sponser right about the yes or no so yeah dont know how u could miss it. Also i think the new version has a box pop up to make sure u picked the right option.

Khayman said:
I started using Beta 7, I quite liked some of the new features, although mostly pointless they where vaguely entertaining. But there was a big security hole in in it, has it been fixed?

Nope, I believe it only runs on Windows still :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back