MSN Messenger 6.2 is out.

wadada

OSNN Senior Addict
msn6.2.jpg

Download

But be carefull this newest version is not compatible with the latest

messenger plus, in 3 weeks messenger plus 3 comes out so people who

use also messenger plus better wait two or three weeks.

:D

Messenger plus is tripe anyway :p

What's new in this version?

A couple of cosmetic changes, every contacts' status is displayed next to them whether they are away or not. Contacts with "Mobile" information are displayed yellow instead of green.

Apart from that, I really can't see much thats different.

but the new messenger plus that comes out in two three weeks have some nice new features like support for animated display pictures and it shows all your emoticons, also your custom emoticons :) and much more !

OOH I noticed something else...the input box automatically parses emoticon shortcuts like : ) into an emote.

To re-iterate, msgplus is tripe ;) It's a nice program, but when I installed it, it put so much spyware on my machine that I had to roll XP back to the restore point before I installed it!

thats your own fault, messenger plus contains no spyware if you install it the right way, when you install it you have to deselect the option install the sponsor, so NOT install the sponsor and you have no spyware at all :) !
I love messenger plus and use it for few years now and never gave me any problems.

*for some odd reason boots into windows to find out what its like

ummm...sometimes when i press the shift button umm...it opens up calculator

crap i didn't know it was incompatible with msn plus....and i already installed it ... bah humbug

well prodj88 you can uninstall it and if you like i have the older version for you so you can use messenger plus again till the new messenger plus 3 comes out in few weeks

Hmm, dont like that groupin of online mobile contacts, and I cant turn it off. grr...

Why do that just assume Id want it this way, it should be an option! I think Im gonna go back to 6.1 for now.

Also, Ive emailed them bout this b4, why or why cant they make it possible to rename the contacts? I kno msn plus can do this but why cant they just add it. Geez!

cra[po...my KEYBOARD is MESSed U[PO cause I s[poilled EWQATER omnb IT amnbd AT i DIDMNBT thimnbk AMNBYEWQAY ogfd IT amnbd I thought IT ewqas MSMNB 6.2 AT gfdirst ho[poe U camnba READ this :(

images

Run and Hide!

Just kidding, sort of. Thanks for the post. It just seems like another big hole
for psychos to drop viruses through.

I'll download it right now. Don't know if it's good or not.

Microsoft To Bundle MSN Toolbar With IM Client
April 23, 2004 (1:20 p.m. EST)
TechWeb News

Microsoft is getting ready to release an update to MSN Messenger that will integrate the MSN Toolbar with the instant messaging client.
MSN Messenger 6.2, which is now shooting for a Monday release, offers users the option of installing the Toolbar. MSN Toolbar tucks into Internet Explorer, and offers shortcuts to MSN Web sites, blocks pop-ups, and provides access to MSN's search engine.

Google, Amazon.com, and Yahoo offer similar toolbars that integrate with IE.

The default setting during MSN Messenger installation is to install the toolbar, but clear a checkbox in the first screen to reject the toolbar.

For U.S. users of MSN Messenger, Microsoft will also roll out a new gaming service dubbed “MSN Instant Games” that includes four new by-subscription games -- Chess, Wheel of Fortune, Billiards, and Upwords -- that cost between $9.99 and $14.99 per year each.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20040423S0008

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back