Staff member
Political Access
Adapted from Neowin's guide...

Code:
      <tab>
        <image>[url]http://www.ntfs.org/images/miscimg/tab.png[/url]</image>
        <name>NTFS</name>
        <tooltip>NTFS - For Windows News, Tips, Tweaks & Downloads.</tooltip>
        <contenturl>http://www.ntfs.org/modules.php?modname=custompage&name=msntab</contenturl>
        <hidden>false</hidden>
      </tab>

Insert the above code in ConfigCache.XML located here:

%systemroot%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\%passportID%

If you're confident with XML or HTML you'll see where to insert it. Ensure it is inserted correctly as otherwise MSN Messenger will re-cache the XML file.

Also to ensure our tab stays in your tab list please change

<ExpiresInDays>2</ExpiresInDays>

to

<ExpiresInDays>0</ExpiresInDays>

This means you don't get updated tabs IF MSN ever add any new tabs, you can delete the XML file and get MSN to re-cache it if there are any new Tabs announced.

------------------------------------------------------

The page is: http://www.ntfs.org/modules.php?modname=custompage&name=msntab if you want to check it out :)

The tab image is pretty crap at the moment as I didn't really spend much time on it, feel free to improve it someone!!! :)

tab.png

Speedy_B also let me know that you can use it as a Mozilla sidebar!!

Just type the following and smack F9

Code:
javascript:window.sidebar.addPanel('NTFS.org','http://www.ntfs.org/modules.php?modname=custompage&name=msntab','');

Added to mozilla, gonna add it to MSN now ;)

Yeah, works really nicely

I bet by MSN 6 final they have blocked this feature tho...

Beautiful! :D
Works in MSN 6.0 (Build 6.0.0250) as well

Thanks EP

The command for adding the side bar didn't work initially in my Mozilla. I had to change 'java script:[...]' to 'javascript:[...]' to let it work.

Now if only someone could make one for SP
It's easy enough, but to my knowledge we don't have an rss feed over there.

Anyway, I've re-written the guide into a nice HTML file, and included my own ConfigCache.XML file (although I suspect these files are region specific) so that people can replace theirs or use it as a reference.

the zip file is attached, enjoy ;)

[EDIT] Attachment Removed

Ok, we'll try again, MkII of the guide is now attached.

It appears that IE has a problem rendering strict CSS2 and XHTML1.1 :rolleyes: funny that Mozilla had no problems.
I thought I'd be kind and make it render right in IE :p

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
The command for adding the side bar didn't work initially in my Mozilla. I had to change 'java script:[...]' to 'javascript:[...]' to let it work.

Looks like it automatically removes the space when you post it in vb (security?), sorry didn't expect that

It should be easy to convert them. Shove it in front of them, and let them use it for a bit. My dad loved it after using it once.

True, but most people are happy with IE as it's readily available and it "works" (from the average users perspective)

Yeah, cause MS pushes it into windows, and the DOJ said they didnt have to remove it since MS said it was a core product needed for the system to work.

but once you treid something different than ie, you never wanna go back :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back