MSN is really getting me down

• Thread starter 03bigMark03
  • Start date

03bigMark03

Hiya people. I have an old ass PC, pentium 2 400MHz, 256MB SDRam so wat I do to keep it in top notch is use Windows 98SE with 98 Lite Pro, and that means remove Internet Explorer!

I'm not a happy bunny at the moment. I use Mozilla Firebird to browse the web, and my system has not crashed yet.

Now I've been try verious versions of Trillian Pro (and beta 2), Miranda, Gaim but I got an email from a guy who devloped a plugin for protocol 8 in Mianda said that I would not be able to connect to the MSN network because it """""requires Internet Explorer""""""""".

No it's SSL I head on the miranda forums. How the heck would Linux and Unix apps support it. Gee anyone know how to get by this, surly theres a way or an alternative app. I detest Internet Explorer. My windows folder is 264MB at this current moment. I do not wish to make it any bigger buy installing the horrible Internet Explorer. Firebird all the way!

I keep getting harassed by MSN instant messaging me to upgrade, although I'm not even using MSN Messenger I'm using Trillian as well. Blocking them didn't work. :D

Everyone will have to use MSN soon ... although there are 'talks of a buisiness deal' I see someone like Trillain ending up as a susidury of Microsoft!

Do I hear the words world domination? - lol

I keep getting harassed by MSN instant messaging me to upgrade, although I'm not even using MSN Messenger I'm using Trillian as well
The Trillian folks say they will have it patched by the deadline.

Hey all. You say trillian supports it, but I assume by that it requires Internet Explorer.

It is rumored that AOL and M$ are partnering to make an all in one usit that will allow people to talk to each other on the AIM and MSN network at the same time .. they will have both the features of each client built in to it and such - that should be interesting, As for trillian I don't use it - I don't like it ..

People, do you understand my post up there!?! I'm looking for an apllication that can connect to the MSN V8 protocol (oct. 15th) and it DOSN'T require Internet Explorer. Hello! I've tried google and timeless hours scouring the internet and trying to find programs that would work but no go!

Originally posted by 03bigMark03
People, do you understand my post up there!?! I'm looking for an apllication that can connect to the MSN V8 protocol (oct. 15th) and it DOSN'T require Internet Explorer. Hello! I've tried google and timeless hours scouring the internet and trying to find programs that would work but no go!

Hello, dude you not listening? Trillian does this.

why not just use the Regular MSN client - then you will save yourself a headache .. But if you are dead set on trying to find something else Miranda and Tirllian will do it ...

lechtard you didn't read my first topic. I don't have Internet Explorer installed. Also Trillian Pro 2 Beta 3 required Internet Explorer to be installed. I assume that the patch for Trillian Pro V1 will require Internet Explorer.

Wow! uninstalling IE. I can see disabling this, but doesn't Gates have a self destruct devise in our PC's if you try to uninstall IE.

Seriously though 03bigMark03 I had MSN8 and had to have cookies on accept for third party to even start it. Its a cross domain cookie. Pretty nasty and its integrated pretty deep into the IE program. Hey dude you need to save up your pennies and get a new rig. That P-2 is going to hiccup every other website. No to raz you anymore but is that an electric start or a pull start on that thing

I did some searching and came across this link for Opera 7.01 and its integration with MSN.

Opera releases "Bork" edition

lechtard you didn't read my first topic. I don't have Internet Explorer installed. Also Trillian Pro 2 Beta 3 required Internet Explorer to be installed. I assume that the patch for Trillian Pro V1 will require Internet Explorer.

Eh??? well then if you really want to use them you will just have to put in IE again .. plain and simple .. I don't see how not having IE installed will criple those progs .. but then IE has thins that are needed to make the pc run - why don't you just go to the 98lite site and ask them, they will know more about it ..

Peh. Screw IE. When my system had XP it was chugging a long like an old age pensioner but with 98LitePro it feels like 21st Cent.

Should of done one more insult and gone 98Micro and remove the HTML engine by Microsoft Altogether.

Peh. Screw IE. When my system had XP it was chugging a long like an old age pensioner but with 98LitePro it feels like 21st Cent.

Should of done one more insult and gone 98Micro and remove the HTML engine by Microsoft Altogether.

03bigMark03 dude, come on your running a pentium 2 400MHz. Chugging along is about all your going to get whatever you run.

98litepro should work for you.

98litePro

Peh funny how some people don't read things.

Your attitude and your tone are less than need to be desired - Don't look for any help from me in the future ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back