msn indicator thing

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
yeah i see the MSN buddy online indicator thing next to people names and when i press "send text " to blah blah blah it won't do anything and btw i had MSN 6.1 opened up.

Please note that these functions require that you actually have the Windows Messenger application installed on your computer.

I think you need your Windows Messenger opened.

still a problem

SPeedY_B said:
Is this still a problem?
I can't check it :\
yes - just tried it and it crashed IE and went into script debug (I have Vstudio)... More than this I do not know, but will happily test again if anything changes...

This feature only works with Windows Messenger and NOT with MSN Messenger. It's an activeX control that handles the chat, but it's disabled in MSN Messenger, because of security issues or something. And it only works in IE (but you may have already guessed that, because ActiveX only works in IE).

So basically unless they update MSN to be insecure again, it's not going to work?
Seems like it may aswell just be removed from the forum software then :)

or wait for next build ;) bound to be insecure :D

SPeedY_B said:
So basically unless they update MSN to be insecure again, it's not going to work?
Seems like it may aswell just be removed from the forum software then :)
Yep, because who uses Windows Messenger nowadays?

People who don't want MSN's sh**ty adverts, or the worthless bloated crap of MSN6. Those are the people who use Windows messenger. I still think it should be removed though, as it does state it's for MSN, but obviously isn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back