MSN file sending block

W

webby962

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. It was a toss up between this and apps...

Ok, here is the problem.

I can recieve files whilst on MSN, but I can not send em.

My firewall is Norton Internet Security.

I have checked the Personal Firewall, Internet Access Control list
and the Microsoft MSN Messenger is set to permit all.

I am on Broadband, so do not wish to have my firewall turned off.

To be frank, this is a bit of a pain in the arse!

Any help

Cheers....

Well my first question is, are you going through a router? I as well as many others use a router for LAN's. This is a problem (or at least for me) when trying to send files via MSN Messenger. I have set my router up to pass this information but it still does not work. If I connect directly to the cable modem no problem I can send all the files I want...

If you are using a router try sending with out it in line. If that works then you have at least found the source of the problem..

thanks, but no I am not using a router..

My machine is connected direct to a Adsl modem

I have just checked the properties and noticed the Microsoft file and printer sharing was not checked. wondered if this will effect it??

To enable file transfers, enable both incoming and outgoing TCP connections to the 6891-6900 range of TCP ports.

I have just checked the properties and noticed the Microsoft file and printer sharing was not checked. wondered if this will effect it??

Is not needed.

Thanks, but please forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do I change these settings?

Somewhere within the properties of your firewall you should be able to designate ports you want to leave open.

What version of MSN do you have? I had the exact same problem, until I upgraded to MSN 5.0

My computer used to connect directly to an ADSL USB Modem and i couldnt send any files on MSN..

But now my computer connects to a Router which now lets me send files through MSN no problem.. its a life safer coz i used to get seriously... off (calm down Alex, its all over now) :p .. But anyways a Router has been a saint to me... (Its a Tribute for my Relative... R.I.P :( )

Hope this helps at all

Sincerly Alex:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back