MSN contact list problems

jimi_81

OSNN Senior Addict
Political User
Hi

I am having some trouble with my msn...
some people can see when i am online, and some cannot.
I can not add contacts either. It keeps saying the attempt was unsuccessful.

I have tried uninstalling messenger 6.2, and nothing seems to correct the problem.

I have a dlink wireless router.. i believe the 624+.
Any ideas? Seems like such an isolated problem, nothing that is common.

I scoured google and havent come up with much.

thanks
:confused:

Kush

High On Life!
how many people do u have on ur contact list max is 150 unless u use trilian. also make sure u have all your settings right eg proxy, and if they cant see you online make sure that they arent blocked on list thats all i can think of now

Kush

High On Life!
ohh ok, then something else might be the problem, try using the web version of msn messenger if the same thing happens maybe its ur connection webmessenger.msn.com

~bk

I
Political User
Maybe some type of spyware is causing this problem. Scan your PC with Spybot Search and Destroy.

Kush

High On Life!
ohh yeah good one bk i remmbner i saw some spyware smilie stuff attached to a friends msn, thats what i always do now on peoples pc's PFFFFFFF OMG U HAVE SPYWARE and they are like wtf is that?! LOL

~bk

I
Political User
One of my friends couldn't use Video/Voice chat through MSN due to some spywares. So I guess that 'might' be the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut