MSN - browser settings

Abbadon2001

OSNN Addict
I was wondering - is there any way of getting msn to open hotmail in firefox rather than in IE when u click its little links saying you have new mail (the ones that pop up, or the link within the main window?

I always click them if i want to read an important mail that comes in - but IE is the devil and id like to remove this final link to its use!

cheers

Andy

When I do this in trillian it opens in your default web browser ie firefox. Try resetting firefox as your default browser by going to its options

yeah i tried that - firefox is set as default in windows - but there is no option in msn to do that :( so it still activates IE when u click the link.

Anyone know of a hack?

some reg key, or you could change the internet explorer executable to start firefox instead :p

haha yeah - afraid i prob would mess that up - not really up on programing or changing executables!

there must be a way!

Has anyone found a way yet? Ive searched around here with no luck.

Abbadon2001 said:
yeah i tried that - firefox is set as default in windows - but there is no option in msn to do that so it still activates IE when u click the link.
It may be hardcoded into MSN and that is why there is no option to change it...Microsoft likes to do this. :(

Install MSN Plus! and then install StuffPlug-NG plugin from here:

http://www.stuffplug.com/

Make sure you have set Firefox as your default browser, and then installation of the plugin it'll allow you to select the option for opening the MSN email link with Firefox.

Be very careful when installing Messenger Plus - Do not agree to installing the sponsor programs, a spyware nightmare.

Other way:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ {0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} \LocalServer32

change the current value to:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Problem here is, it will open Firefox, but just to the default home page. Perhaps set the default home to Hotmail and have Firefox remember your username and password?

Mastershakes said:
Be very careful when installing Messenger Plus - Do not agree to installing the sponsor programs, a spyware nightmare.

i wish i was warned about this! TAKE NOTE!

didn't see the option though... had a bit of a blunkett moment :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back