• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MSN - browser settings

I was wondering - is there any way of getting msn to open hotmail in firefox rather than in IE when u click its little links saying you have new mail (the ones that pop up, or the link within the main window?

I always click them if i want to read an important mail that comes in - but IE is the devil and id like to remove this final link to its use!

cheers

Andy

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
When I do this in trillian it opens in your default web browser ie firefox. Try resetting firefox as your default browser by going to its options

yeah i tried that - firefox is set as default in windows - but there is no option in msn to do that :( so it still activates IE when u click the link.

Anyone know of a hack?

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Abbadon2001 said:
yeah i tried that - firefox is set as default in windows - but there is no option in msn to do that so it still activates IE when u click the link.
It may be hardcoded into MSN and that is why there is no option to change it...Microsoft likes to do this. :(

Install MSN Plus! and then install StuffPlug-NG plugin from here:

http://www.stuffplug.com/

Make sure you have set Firefox as your default browser, and then installation of the plugin it'll allow you to select the option for opening the MSN email link with Firefox.

Be very careful when installing Messenger Plus - Do not agree to installing the sponsor programs, a spyware nightmare.

Other way:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ {0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} \LocalServer32

change the current value to:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Problem here is, it will open Firefox, but just to the default home page. Perhaps set the default home to Hotmail and have Firefox remember your username and password?

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
Mastershakes said:
Be very careful when installing Messenger Plus - Do not agree to installing the sponsor programs, a spyware nightmare.
i wish i was warned about this! TAKE NOTE!

didn't see the option though... had a bit of a blunkett moment :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown