MSN and Resource Issue

L

lo-lo9

I have been running MSN with XP for quite a while but in the last 2 months when trying to have a voice communication with another person, my system slows to a crawl and the audio is very choppy and broken. When I looked at the CPU usage in Task Manager and I that MSN is taking 85 to 90 percent of my system resources. Does/did anyone else have this problem and hopefully a solution? Everything else in MSN is working fine and dosn't hog resources, only when trying a voice communication. Thanks for any help..

Sorry for lack of info. Athlon 1.33 Gig with 512 megs ram, 2 - 40 gig hard drives, ATI Radeon All in Wonder, basically a system I built from scratch. The thing that confuses me is that it was working very well until a couple of months ago and everything else is working just great, except the voice communications portion of MSN Messenger. I don't know what other info I can provide but if I am missing something let me know. Thanks.

Just a thought:

I think the latest version of Messenger is 4.6.0082 and I also seem to remember a windows update awhile back - are ya current?

indeed there is a fix on window's update:p

Yes I'm current with the latest version of MSN and any updates. I have no idea what to check or do next.

there's this update on window's update that i woz thinkin off.

Windows Messenger Audio Update
Download size: 1.1 MB, 4 minutes
This update addresses the "Windows XP Real-Time Communication Client Support for Network Address Translation" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q316397. Download now to resolve several issues in the Windows Messenger Client and to eliminate popping sounds coming from your speakers. This update also enables users of the Voice.Net service to reach the telephony service from behind Network Address Translators

poping noses sound bout rite 4 u....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back