Msn 6.0.0268 ad remover ?

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
I can't install the patch from Mess.be, I get an error (see attached image). Does anyone encountered the same error, or know why is that ?
Thanx !

i think you need the vb runtime files to use it. its working perfect for me...

i can send the patched exe to anyone who wants it... just give me your mail adress

is that entirely above board? taking off adverts from a free program that uses ads to get in some revenue?

glad i could help and @ jonifen M$ doesnt need revenue they got enough money already :p and those moving ads are annoying

yeah, i totally agree, the ads are annoying... but its like saying "does at+t really need to sell more phone lines? they got hundreds of customers and money already"

if they were able to be disabled, MSN would do it themselves as an option surely?

Plus, Microsoft have said previously that they dont mind people making add-ons for messenger, but editing the exe file is against the rules.

Microsoft have said previously that they dont mind people making add-ons for messenger

hmm thats why they blocked the way msn plus works with msn. M$ has put in stuff so that msn plus didnt work with this version... so they dont mind but dont let you use the best plugin there is

there is a new version of msn plus which apparantly works fine with msn6

thats like asking why the uxtheme patch file doesnt work with 2003 server - newer versions of software often use different coding to achieve same thing - MS would call it optimisation... joe user would say "if it aint broke dont fix it".

If microsoft really cared about people making add-ons, they wouldnt've released the code to the extent that they did.

but if ive had this conversation once, ive had it a million times...
it is basically a crack to make the program do something that it doesnt normally do - no cd crack for gta3... no advert crack for msn messenger - kinda the same thing imo... they both have the potential to reduce revenue for the software's manufacturers.

Who cares about the add, do you really have your list open all of the time?

Originally posted by jkoXP
Who cares about the add, do you really have your list open all of the time?

I care, hence why Im on this topic. Yes I do have it open all the time.

well basically they aint losing money cuz their advertising themselves... msn music, msn messenger (kind of stupid idea) MSN, BLA DE BLAH SO BASICALLY WHO GIVES A ****. LOL :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back