MSIE Critical Update Q813951

J

Joel526

They also told me at Windows Update that they had the latest and greatest .NET framework available in Japanese but, alas, it did not appear to include a brain patch to make me understand Japanese (or even a free course at the local community college) so I decided to pass.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q813951

You Cannot Access Your MSN E-mail Account or Authenticate with a Web Site in Various Programs
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows XP SP1
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows 2000 SP1
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows NT 4.0 SP1
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows Millennium Edition SP1
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows 98 Second Edition SP1
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows 98 SP1

SYMPTOMS
After you install the February, 2003 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (MS03-004), you may experience any of the following symptoms:
You cannot access your MSN e-mail account.
You cannot successfully authenticate with a Web site in various programs. For example, you may be prompted for your user name and your password several times, and you may receive an error message from the Web site that indicates that you do not have access even after you type the correct user name and password
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, download and install the 813591 Critical Update from the Microsoft Download Center. The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/813951/default.asp

Yea the patch is 10 days old the issue two weeks.

Despite it being a critical update you dont need to patch up unless you are suffering from this particular problem.

Also the Japanese framework may not appear for you becasue windows update will detect your lanuage and ignore language specific updates that dont match up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back