MSI Ti4800SE 8X

T

tubbyrecords

Hiya peeps, Jus bought a new MSI Ti4800SE 8X Graphics card an havin many probs with it already.

Installed perfectly without any problems an followed the guide to a T. Then as soon as i restart ma comp for the last time an set the card to full hardware acceleration it starts consantly flickerin.

The card works fine as long as i have NONE of the hardware acceleration on, but as soon as a move the slider along to even the first notch it starts playin up. Tried updatein the drivers to the 44.03's yesterday off the NVIDIA site but its made no difference wot so eva. Any help wud be really appreciated as id hate this to b a waste of cash (£130):confused:

What card did you have in before?

Did you reformat and reload windows?

Originally posted by tubbyrecords
Hiya peeps, Jus bought a new MSI Ti4800SE 8X Graphics card an havin many probs with it already.

Installed perfectly without any problems an followed the guide to a T. Then as soon as i restart ma comp for the last time an set the card to full hardware acceleration it starts consantly flickerin.

The card works fine as long as i have NONE of the hardware acceleration on, but as soon as a move the slider along to even the first notch it starts playin up. Tried updatein the drivers to the 44.03's yesterday off the NVIDIA site but its made no difference wot so eva. Any help wud be really appreciated as id hate this to b a waste of cash (£130):confused:

would it be possible to list in detail what steps you took to install the card and what you have done after installation incl any overclockin..

the flickerin sounds like something that happens when the hardware is a bit fried from overclocknig but not all the time... also a result of inadequate power or some other hardware issue... ergo I dunno if a driver will fix it for you...

/me goes to learn about hardware acceleration...

ok hardware acceleration apparently swaps instructions performed by the video card and replaces it with tasks performed by windows DIB engine (dib== device independent bitmap) supposedly using more reliable m$ certified code :rolleyes:

there should be something that says you are recomended to use hardware acceleration unless there isa problem..

try benchmarking your system with 3dmark2001SE and see what the difference in scores is with the exact same settings with it on and off.. if you CAN bench it with it on...

if it works with no performance loss... just keep using it :)

if there is a big performance drop-off... we'll work out some other way to fix it eh ? :D

Originally posted by Goatman
check what you got for a PSU, it could be that it isn't big enough

I've thought at that also , should be perfect detailing your sytem .:rolleyes:

Hey peeps sorry i took so long to reply been realy busy wiv college courswrk etc.
Thanx for the quick replys.
Goatman :- yes i did reformat an reaload windows.
Sazar:- thanx alot or ya help heres the info u askt for.

Instalation Details
start off the full instalation by formatin ma computer,
then change ma old graphics card (think it was gforce 2,but unsure came with package comp) for the new one.
installed windows xp pro wiv no probs.then followed the guide to install the new graphics card drivers.
dont think telln ya how i did that would help ya much coz it was all on one disc basically all i did was open an instalation prog,click install nvidia vga drivers and it did the rest.
havent done anything after that because i realised after the final restart after installing the drivers that if i put any hardware acceleration on it just flickered constantly.never done any overclocking.hope this helps.

bk to goatman:- unsurewhat PSU stands for so cant check its big enuff,sorry!

as befor any help would be gratefully recieved,an i will get bk to ya ALOT sooner this time!

Hey peeps sorry i took so long to reply been realy busy wiv college courswrk etc.
Thanx for the quick replys.
Goatman :- yes i did reformat an reaload windows.
Sazar:- thanx alot or ya help heres the info u askt for.

Instalation Details
start off the full instalation by formatin ma computer,
then change ma old graphics card (think it was gforce 2,but unsure came with package comp) for the new one.
installed windows xp pro wiv no probs.then followed the guide to install the new graphics card drivers.
dont think telln ya how i did that would help ya much coz it was all on one disc basically all i did was open an instalation prog,click install nvidia vga drivers and it did the rest.
havent done anything after that because i realised after the final restart after installing the drivers that if i put any hardware acceleration on it just flickered constantly.never done any overclocking.hope this helps.

as befor any help would be gratefully recieved,an i will get bk to ya ALOT sooner this time!

it appears you should be fine with what you did...

try playing without hardware acceleration... if you feel there is a huge performance penalty... then we can try out other solutions..

also please list your computer specs... ie PSU and cpu and what not...

and if you made any changes in the BIOS..

PSU = power supply unit. :) rated in watts.

no idea what your other hardware is, but assuming it's at least medium-grade performance, you should have at least a 300watt psu with that video card. with higher-end specs, 350-400watt.

Hi agen, cant live without the hardware accelaration as i cant play any half decent games!!:-(

comp specs:-
1.8 Intel Pentium 4
512mb RAM
MSI MS-StarForce GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE with AGP8X (NOT WORKIN PROPERLY)LOL
Generic 40x cd-rw
mat****a dvd-rom
80 gig IC3 HDD
40 gig Western Digital HDD

enuff detail???

do you know what the mother board is?
do you know the wattage of you power supply unit in the case?

Dont know either of them,how can i find out wot they r?

It should say the wattage of the power supply on the label on the power supply.

and to find out what kind of motherboard you have, look aroound on it and find any markings that look like model number, or brand name

Some other checks to make:

Is your MB bios AGP setting at 4X or 8X?

Does the MB support 8X? (Doesn't really matter the card just rolls back to 4x but it will tell you if the MB is choking the new card.)

Do you have the current MB AGP drivers install? This is a biggie if you got an old generic MB with a hot new vid car.

Do you have the AGP features set to "fastest" in the bios? If so reduce them.

Also. Newer is not always better on video drivers. Uninstall the video card completely then install the nvidia 41.09 driver. It's been the most depenadable I've found.

Thanx guys after alot of messin with they AGP settings in the bios (thanx for drawing my attention to these LeeJend) ma graphics card is FINALLY run perfectly!!! Wahey!!!! Wot wud a guy do without these forums!!!

Thanx guys after alot of messin with they AGP settings in the bios (thanx for drawing my attention to these LeeJend) ma graphics card is FINALLY run perfectly!!! Wahey!!!! Wot wud a guy do without these forums!!!

nice to hear :)

keep em posts coming... we all learn a little from em :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back