• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Msi ti 4200 trouble

W

wolfshade2002

Hey guys I updated my geforce card from a geforce 2mx400 to a geforce 4 ti4200 i got it new for 150 bucks so i figured it was a bargin. But with the tv out I see all my desktop stuff and if I play games they show up but when I play video it shows my media player and video playing on my moniter but when i look at the tv it just shows the media player no video. Any Idea? My GF2 worked fine and it was great for watching dvds or stuff I had downloaded on my tv. all the settings look right so I dont know what it is.

W

wolfshade2002

oh i guess i should have mentioned I usally would just use (clone) and what do you mean drag it on the tv? the media player around? if so i never had a problem with that before with my GF2.Now if I play a video it shows up on my moniter and its just a blank black area on my tv.:(

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
have a look on www.guru3d.com they have an app called tv tool hosted there, im sure this gets around the black screen, i think it's something to do with copy protection, not sure, but i think the cards have macrovision chips b4 the tv out

W

wolfshade2002

I just realized that if I make my tv primary the video shows up on the tv?? bizzare. and Im pretty sure its not because of copy protection. because the tv would play video and then fade in and out makeing it unwatchable some how with my GF2 there was never a problem. thx for the info GoNzO

By "drag it to the TV" I mean clicking and dragging the Media Player window around like it's going to a second monitor--an extension of your desktop. If you don't know what I mean, then I'll assume you probably don't do it that way.

Have you tried different players?

W

wolfshade2002

Nope I dont do it. And yes I have tryed a lot of differant players I read on another message board that it might be the new drivers doing it. Can you recommend a good driver cleaner utility? I'm useing xp home aswell thx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fontjohnson