Msi ti 4200 trouble

• Thread starter wolfshade2002
  • Start date
W

wolfshade2002

Hey guys I updated my geforce card from a geforce 2mx400 to a geforce 4 ti4200 i got it new for 150 bucks so i figured it was a bargin. But with the tv out I see all my desktop stuff and if I play games they show up but when I play video it shows my media player and video playing on my moniter but when i look at the tv it just shows the media player no video. Any Idea? My GF2 worked fine and it was great for watching dvds or stuff I had downloaded on my tv. all the settings look right so I dont know what it is.

Does it go black only when you drag it into the tv?

oh i guess i should have mentioned I usally would just use (clone) and what do you mean drag it on the tv? the media player around? if so i never had a problem with that before with my GF2.Now if I play a video it shows up on my moniter and its just a blank black area on my tv.:(

have a look on www.guru3d.com they have an app called tv tool hosted there, im sure this gets around the black screen, i think it's something to do with copy protection, not sure, but i think the cards have macrovision chips b4 the tv out

I just realized that if I make my tv primary the video shows up on the tv?? bizzare. and Im pretty sure its not because of copy protection. because the tv would play video and then fade in and out makeing it unwatchable some how with my GF2 there was never a problem. thx for the info GoNzO

By "drag it to the TV" I mean clicking and dragging the Media Player window around like it's going to a second monitor--an extension of your desktop. If you don't know what I mean, then I'll assume you probably don't do it that way.

Have you tried different players?

Nope I dont do it. And yes I have tryed a lot of differant players I read on another message board that it might be the new drivers doing it. Can you recommend a good driver cleaner utility? I'm useing xp home aswell thx

overlays (videos) will only play on the primary display. it's that simple. :)

this is true for most cards.

really! I didn't know that taurus thanks fer the info

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back