MSI or Sapphire?

sidefx

OSNN Addict
I am debating which card to buy, MSI GeForce FX5200-TD128 128MB DDR w/ TV-Out or a Sapphire Radeon 9200 128MB DDR?

Any recommendations? Best performance and stability?

neither of them is a really good card m8...

whats your budget? lets see if we can get you a better card for that system... unless you want to choose between those 2 cards only...

let me know :)

don't buy either of those if you plan on gaming or high graphics intensive programs!

What SAZAR said.

Either card will be an improvement but IMHO they are over priced for what they give you in performance.

If cash is the driver consider a used 9500 PRO from ebay (or someone in here). To my humiliation I just found out my card is only worth $50 now. Sigh paid $200 for it a year ago.

the FX5200 will run you around $50 - $75 US. If you save another $100 you can get an ATI 9600XT which is about the best for around $150 (and what I'm currently recommending when my friends ask about upgrades). If you can make the $200 price range the FX5900 nonultra is the sweet spot there, until the 9800Pro drops a bit more.

FYI:
I have an FX5200 and it's alright (not good) for games from 2002 and early 2003. Most new stuff makes it cry. Halo is unplayable, also Farcry

I am not a big gamer but there are the few new titles that when they do come out I do have a tendancy to try. Right now it's Far Cry, that game is the shyt, but can't run it in all its glory. I picked those cards as I am not sure if spending almost $200+ CAN is worth it right now with new cards approaching and prices then dropping of course.

If you have to make a choice...well, shoot. I guess the 9200 is better, but not by much.

I have one as my secondary video card, and the 5200 in my wife's computer. I'm probably going to dump the 5200 for a Radeon 9600 or better, though.

The performance of both cards is fairly similar, with the 9200 almost always coming out on top by a slim margin, and I have had a lot of compatibility problems with the 5200 for some reason, even though it's basically just a rebranded GF4 MX.

side.. I highly recommend waiting if you can...

far cry is a pain in the ass to run on even pretty decent systems... heck I can't run it all out :)

save your bucks and spend wisely when you see the new cards come out in about 2 weeks time...

BTW I'm seeing the ATI branded 9800 PRO fror $200 USD about every other week. I think it's done fell. 2 weeks ago compusa, this week fryes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back