MSI N1996 Motherboard

EuroTrash

Coaster Live!
I don't know if anyone out there has a copy of these knows where to find them. I need the Motherboard drivers for a MSI N1996. Primarily to get the USB ports working properly. I've done some searching and have come up with nothing but soliciting links. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't know if anyone out there has a copy of these knows where to find them. I need the Motherboard drivers for a MSI N1996. Primarily to get the USB ports working properly. I've done some searching and have come up with nothing but soliciting links. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you have any luck with this problem?
the usb ports on my hp comp with the same motherboard are messed up and i need to fix them...
any help would be appreciated,
acet

hi all does eny 1 now where i can find xp drivers for msi n1996 motherboard got win vista on it but i want to put xp on it thanx 4 now

MSI N1996 motherborad was used by HP and few other PC re sellers. It was listed in MSI website as MSI 650 GM-L motherboard.

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=560&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=

Vans

Looks like an HP motherboard part number. You need to get the drivers from them.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07557

Next link has an auto detecti0on function to figure out what you need. Go to it from that MB.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

I can send you a N1996 motherboard for 20pound?

Last edited:
Hi, well you guys have all been fooled by the N1996 in big alphanumerics. That some Australian certification number. The normal place for board numbers is between the PCI slots on most brands of motherboard. If you look there you will see MS-6178 ver x.x or some other number...
Ok the mystery is solved, the board is not N1996 but MS 6178 ver 1.1 in my True Blue PC. Go to MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more Bios, driver, manuals, everything!

so ignore the N1996 on any board...and keep looking for the number between the slots.

Hi

Have you resolved your Drivers & utilities problem? If not, I may just have the answer. I have a CD containing the following SW for this motherboard:-

Intel INF update
Intel 10/100 Ethernet Drivers
Cmedia Sound Drivers
USB 2.0
One Touch Setup

If this could be what you are looking for then let me know.

Old Brit

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back