MSI N1996 Motherboard

EuroTrash

Coaster Live!
I don't know if anyone out there has a copy of these knows where to find them. I need the Motherboard drivers for a MSI N1996. Primarily to get the USB ports working properly. I've done some searching and have come up with nothing but soliciting links. Anyone have any ideas?

acet

OSNN One Post Wonder
I don't know if anyone out there has a copy of these knows where to find them. I need the Motherboard drivers for a MSI N1996. Primarily to get the USB ports working properly. I've done some searching and have come up with nothing but soliciting links. Anyone have any ideas?
Did you have any luck with this problem?
the usb ports on my hp comp with the same motherboard are messed up and i need to fix them...
any help would be appreciated,
acet

leath

OSNN Newbie
hi all does eny 1 now where i can find xp drivers for msi n1996 motherboard got win vista on it but i want to put xp on it thanx 4 now

vans

OSNN One Post Wonder
MSI N1996 motherborad was used by HP and few other PC re sellers. It was listed in MSI website as MSI 650 GM-L motherboard.

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=560&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=

Vans

Looks like an HP motherboard part number. You need to get the drivers from them.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07557

Next link has an auto detecti0on function to figure out what you need. Go to it from that MB.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

RebeccaDeed

OSNN One Post Wonder
I can send you a N1996 motherboard for 20pound?

Last edited:

Pyrotech

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi, well you guys have all been fooled by the N1996 in big alphanumerics. That some Australian certification number. The normal place for board numbers is between the PCI slots on most brands of motherboard. If you look there you will see MS-6178 ver x.x or some other number...
Ok the mystery is solved, the board is not N1996 but MS 6178 ver 1.1 in my True Blue PC. Go to MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more Bios, driver, manuals, everything!

so ignore the N1996 on any board...and keep looking for the number between the slots.

Old Brit

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi

Have you resolved your Drivers & utilities problem? If not, I may just have the answer. I have a CD containing the following SW for this motherboard:-

Intel INF update
Intel 10/100 Ethernet Drivers
Cmedia Sound Drivers
USB 2.0
One Touch Setup

If this could be what you are looking for then let me know.

Old Brit

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks