MSI K7N2G- ILSR Beeps on boot with blank screen.

J

joshuajme

Hi, about 1 in 3 boot ups. It starts an endless cycle of beeps, this is diagnosed as a memory error. Yet I get no crashes when it does boot, and Ive tested the memory with memtest86 and its fine. Any idea's as to whats causing this?

If you have the memory set in bios for performance back taht off to standard. If that isn't an option on the bios menu setthese manually:

Set wait state (CL) to 2.5
Make sure the clock speed is set correctly for the SLOWEST memory stick in your system.

If you are running 333 mhz (PC2700) RAM try manually setting ti to 266 mhz. Some of the 333 has questionable performance.

I took a stick of corsair 400mhz out of my system. It worked perfectly, so it's because I used generic ram, takes the piss really. Decent ram is very expensive these days, any1 know why?

Originally posted by joshuajme
I took a stick of corsair 400mhz out of my system. It worked perfectly, so it's because I used generic ram, takes the piss really. Decent ram is very expensive these days, any1 know why?

because its tested for a long time to make sure it really works, even though i have seen a dead stick of corsair, but the customer was a n00b so probably blew it up.

Got the very same board and had the same problem with twinMOS ram all the same. But ordered 3 sticks of 512mb from cruital and they worked first and every time since. Top tip is not to buy cheap ram as it is usally a false investment.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back