MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R

C

Comptech

Anyone out there using this MB? It gets great reviews, but have not heard anyone mentioning owning one. I am seriously looking to buy it, just want a little input first. P.S. I know that it has a memory issue with the first release BIOS.

I have one, it hasn't caused me any problems so far...but that's after an upgraded BIOS

Da Violator

Was your only problem before the update the memory compatability?

Thanks for the info guys. Here is my order as it sits in the new egg shopping cart. P4 3.0 800mhz, 2-kingston hyper-x cas 2 512 mem modules, the motherboard of course, western dig 36.6 serial ata 10,000rpm and my old stuff, ATI all in wonder 9700 pro, audigy 2, 2-80 gig maxtor 8 meg buffer, sony dvd burner, toshiba dvd rom. Think this old fart can handle all that?

Go make sure that the ram is on the approved list at the site I gave you I know the nvidia nforce2 is a picky ram board :)

Good grief, lookin at that specs list makes me want to upgrade my new machine (3 weeks old) already!!!!

I know huh its never ending ... but hey I look at it this way when I first joined NTFS.org well when it was XP-erience I only had a IBM aptiva 400mhz AMD with 128mb pc100 Sdram, and a 8mb on board vid card, no burner, no sound card, and 10$ speakers, LOL so looking at what I have now, plus my sons rig I feel like I am going in the right direction, Sons rig is a Duron 1100 512mb pc133 sdram, bla bla and more lol ..... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back