MSGTAG - Very Useful!!

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
"MSGTAG Free sends you email notifications when your messages are received and opened by your friends. The eye-catching MSGTAG capsule sits on your desktop or in your system tray, allowing you to enable or disable tagging with one click. Best of all, MSGTAG Free is free!"

http://www.msgtag.com/home/

Not promoting...nothing to do with me. Might be useful to peeps here though.

Oh. How do you do that then? I thought that was only something you could do at work...not on normal emails from home.

EDIT: Nevermind.

How is MSGTAG different from the read receipts you already get in Outlook and other email programs?
Unlike traditional read receipts, MSGTAG doesn't hassle your recipient with pop-up boxes — it's completely automatic — and you can send tagged messages to practically any email address, including Hotmail and Yahoo addresses.

Originally posted by Teddy
Oh. How do you do that then? I thought that was only something you could do at work...not on normal emails from home.

Well, you can do it in Outlook, and possibly in other email clients as well. The difference is that you get a popup box asking the recepient whether he/she wants to return a read receipt.
I actually seem to prefer that rather than having a read receipt sent as soon as I open an email...which is what MSGTAG does.

In Outlook, you click the Options button on the toolbar when composing a new message, and there is a checkbox for Request a Read Receipt in there.
:)

I see. Yep, just found what you are referring to.

Think i prefer it too! ;)

Originally posted by grimman
Read Receipt is a curse.

...in a lot of cases, yes. But I can think of several occasions when it could be extremely useful.

Wow, that's one scary app. I don't understand how it works, though. Is there any way at all I can "block" this from working as a recipient of a tagged email?

Sounded good for a minute, Teddy, but now it's sounding evil. Thanks for the warning, coathanger

It IS evil! Does this mean that i am too!?....

Sorry for the post!

Jeez, sorry, Teddy, not evil in an Osama sense, just relatively ungood, maybe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back