Msgplus! 3.50.124

As always, stay away from this software.

because of the lop.com spyware it bundles, I don't care if you have the option or not, lop is nasty.

j79zlr said:
because of the lop.com spyware it bundles, I don't care if you have the option or not, lop is nasty.
you do know that you can choose not to install the spywareit comes with right? when installing it asks you if you want to install it

Yup. Whatever version it was I installed of MsgPlus! left one of the "sponsorware"'s (spyware to me... oops gotta becareful now what we call spyware, the authors may sue us) 1 folder + 1 executable file in my program files directory, even though I chose NOT to install the "sponsorware". Luckily I already knew what it was and safely deleted both. Since then I haven't trusted MsgPlus!.

The point is they bundle it with spyware, and nasty spyware at that, I don't care if they give you the option. I never understand why this stupid product gets so much support. Everytime I tell people to not install it, I get this backlash. The fact that they try and get you to install spyware on principle is enough for me to discredit their ****ware.

if they are trying to get your computer infected with spyware then you wont have the option to install or not install the additional software. Msgplus! is all about great add-ons for msn messenger

While i would normally remove an comment like the one j79zlr made, i will not in this case as i believe it is the truth. That is all that msgplus is. Spyware, and adware. Mixed in with something which USED to make MSN messenger a lot more useful.

unknown_user said:
if they are trying to get your computer infected with spyware then you wont have the option to install or not install the additional software. Msgplus! is all about great add-ons for msn messenger

How come it is checked standard then? And after you installed it, there is no way to remove it, or at least not last i checked, have they changed that?

If they just want to offer the great addon, uncheck the checkbox for installing it standard, that way less PC's will get that stuff installed as people only click click and click.

they have already did that. now when you run the installation you have to check the checkbox if you want to install the spyware or just Msgplus!

unknown_user said:
they have already did that. now when you run the installation you have to check the checkbox if you want to install the spyware or just Msgplus!
and if you do choose to install the sponsor program then it isn't spyware coz you know that you installed it and you know it's there, as for if it never asked you to install it then you could call it spyware or adware, but in that case it's not

msngr plus is crap. its bundles spyware which is lame. dont donwload it. dont install it. dont link to it on osnn for fear of harrasement by everyone against apps buindling spyware.

I don't know you guys, i've been using msg plus on my vaio for the last 2 years now and when i uncheck the box it does not install anything extra. The reason for it being checked first is becuause they have to have funds from somewhere so that they can support their website and developement of the software.

If you want to raise money, you don't have to use spyware. Why not make it pay software if you are in it for the money? Maybe a donate button?

yeah true.. however they do have a donate button and they want to make it freely availible... however the should use adware instead of spyware that is for sure

If you removed as much spyware/malware/adware/crapware as I, then maybe you would look at this differently.

j79zlr said:
If you removed as much spyware/malware/adware/crapware as I, then maybe you would look at this differently.
but mgplus! dosent install any of that things, you choose if you whant to install them of just the program

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back