MS word syles and contents pages

Abbadon2001

OSNN Addict
Ok here goes, lets see if someone smarter than me can help me out!

Im currently beggining to plan the layout of my final year project. Im getting all the styles and headings etc.. set out in word document so i can just fill in each section when I have the correct data.

Now all is going well however I cant get a few thins to work as i would like...

I have it setup so that the headings come up in the table of contents with the 1, 1.1, 1.1.1 format for each level of heading. I also have a section break prior to section 1, and in that first section i have my abstract, acknowledgements, abbreviations and the table of contents and that sort of thing. This section has page numbers in roman numerals which i managed t get to work after a few hours. I want to include the abstract, acknowledgements, abbreviations in the tale of contents, but if i select them as heading level 1 they take the place of sections 1-3 in the contents table pushing the intro to level 4. I cant see how to get them to be in the table of contents with the same status level as heading 1 without having numbers.

Im sure its possible as i've seen phds in my department with this type of formatting.

Anyone care to reveal the secrets of styles to me ? !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back